DEADLINE FOR FALL APPLICATIONS NOVEMBER 6.
Applications for the 2023 Community Grant Program will be OPEN from October 12, 2023 – November 6, 2023.
Annual Community Grants are made possible by Funds held with the Stratford Perth Community Foundation. Annually, the Community Foundation accepts applications and facilitates grants to support vital programs and services addressing community needs in Stratford, St. Marys, and throughout Perth County.
Stratford Perth Community Foundation is mandated by the Canada Revenue Agency and is allowed to only grant to registered charities or qualified donees.
Community Grant applications will be accepted from charities registered with CRA or by non-profit organizations with a qualified donee sponsor. Non-profit groups without charitable registration must be sponsored by a qualified donee provided the sponsoring body agrees to accept the grant on behalf of the non-profit and be jointly accountable with the applicant for the use of the grant with signed legal documentation. The Qualified Donee Sponsor Agreement is available within the application form, or it can be downloaded from the right.
Areas of Focus
The Stratford Perth Community Foundation is continuing to listen to the needs of Stratford, St. Marys, and Perth County through the trends identified within valuable local research, including: The Community Safety and Well-being Plan, Municipal Culture Plans, and The Social Research & Planning Council (Quality of Life Reports).
Although there are many needs identified throughout Stratford, St. Marys, and Perth County, the Community Grants Program will strive to invest locally in 4 key areas consistently ranked with significant need:
- Housing and Food Insecurity
- Mental Health
- Accessibility, Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Intersectionality (AREDI+)
- Truth and Reconciliation
Until November 3, 2023, grant applicants may schedule one 1:1 session with Leah Kennedy, Grants and Community Impact Coordinator (based on availability). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to schedule time.
To be eligible to apply for a grant from the Community Foundation, the applicant must:
- Be a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for at least one (1) year AND have filed at least one (1) T3010 with CRA or be sponsored by same.
- Provide services for or within Perth County, Stratford and/or St. Marys.
- Provide services without discrimination.
Projects not eligible for grants from the Community Foundation include:
- Programs that have direct religious or political activity.
- Programs that are mandated by another funder.
- Expenses incurred prior to awarding the grant.
- Deficit reduction, debt retirement, reserves, mortgage pay-down.
- Endowment and fundraising campaigns.
All grant applications are reviewed by the Foundation’s Grant Advisory Panel with final approval by the Board of Directors. All decisions are final. The Community Foundation reserves the right to extend the deadline dates at any time.