Board of Directors: Call for Nominations 2023
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity, applications are now closed. To stay informed about future opportunities please sign up to our newsletter.
What we are looking for
Stratford Perth Community Foundation (SPCF) is looking for caring community-minded individuals who want to make a positive local impact in communities throughout Perth County. There is currently one (1) open Board position for 2023.
- committed to SPCF’s purpose to advance philanthropy in Perth County;
- a strategic thinker with governance experience and committed to building strong, equitable and inclusive communities in Perth County;
- knowledgeable about community issues across Perth County;
- a community-minded individual living and/or working in Perth County, Stratford, or St. Marys.
If this is you, we hope you will consider applying.
Skills, Experience and Expertise
SPCF’s mission is to support charitable organizations throughout Perth County through responsible stewardship of endowed funds. SPCF’s region is comprised of Stratford, St. Marys, and the municipalities of North Perth, Perth South, West Perth, and Perth East.
SPCF strives to represent the communities in its region through its Board and welcomes the unique contributions individuals can bring from their geographic location, education, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, age, religion, disability, and beliefs.
SPCF is seeking nominees with a broad range of skills, community leadership, and professional expertise, and particularly interested to hear from candidates with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Strategic leadership and governance, particularly in the Charitable Sector
- Accounting, CPA designation
- Legal, particularly with the Not-for-Profit Sector
Board position is a three-year term with the option to be considered by the Board for an additional three years.
- Contribute experience, expertise, and skills to advance SPCF’s mission.
- Participate in four (4) to six (6) meetings per year, either in person or by videoconference.
- Participate in at least one (1) committee aligned with interests and expertise.
- Finance and Investment Committee
- Governance Committee
- Specialized Committee to advance SPCF’s operational priorities
- Act as ambassadors for SPCF
To apply, please complete the steps below by April 3, 2023:
- Review the SPCF By-Laws and Roles and Responsibilities of a Board Member prior to completing your application.
- Complete and submit your Nomination Form. See the Apply Now Button below.
All nominations will be considered, and candidates will be contacted by a member of SPCF’s Nominating Committee to be advised of their application’s status by April 11, 2023.
A slate of board members will be presented and voted on at SPCF’s Annual General Meeting in June 2023.
SPCF is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Please contact Mae Brooks, Board Chair, if you need accommodation or would like to discuss accessibility requirements during the recruitment process.