The SPCF Grant Program will open December 1, 2017
For more information, plan to attend one of our Grant Information Sessions later this fall.
We listened to your feedback and have created a new format for our sessions. Please join us and our panel of experts to learn which funding partner(s) are the best fit for your organization’s project. Click HERE for dates and details.
Questions? Contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-271-1503.
The Community Foundation funds projects that:
- Address existing and emerging community needs, opportunities and demonstrate innovation
- Strengthen the applicant’s and the community’s capacity
- Have additional funding partners and/or developed strong collaborative relationships
- Improve organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and sustainability
- Receive volunteer support from the community
- Build on the community’s strengths, assets, skills and resources
- Develop leadership and self-reliance, mobilize civic participation and resources
- Do not duplicate programs offered
- Note: Multi-year projects may be considered
- Note: Projects may touch on on/address on one or more of the above
To be eligible to apply for a grant from the Community Foundation, the applicant must:
- Be registered as a charity with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), or sponsored by same
- Be a registered charity for at least one (1) year AND have filed at least one (1) T3010 with CRA, or be sponsored by same
- Provide services for or within Perth County, Stratford and / or St. Marys
- Provide services without discrimination
Projects not eligible for grants from the Community Foundation include:
- Programs that have direct religious or political activity
- Programs that are mandated by another funder
- Expenses incurred prior to awarding the grant
- Deficit reduction, debt retirement, reserves, mortgage pay-down
- Endowment and fundraising campaigns
- Core operating costs
For clarification, please call SPCF office at 519-271-1503
All grant applications are reviewed by the Foundation’s Grant Advisory Committee with final approval by the Board of Directors. All decisions are final. The Community Foundation reserves the right to extend the deadline dates at any time.